Save lives by registering to be an organ donor today! Go to www.donatelifenw.org/
Pets are family too! Find out about "estate plans" for them at www.oregonhumane.org/donate/friends_forever.asp
NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
(FOR BOTH LOCATIONS)
PO Box 230326
Portland, OR 97281-0326
7157 SW Beveland St, Suite 100
Tigard, Oregon 97223
130 NE 4th Street, Suite A
Newport, Oregon 97365
The Hingson Law Firm's Portland office is based in a convenient office location right off I-5 and Highway 217 in the Tigard area of SW Portland.
The Newport office is located on 4th Street just seconds from US-101.
Both offices are on the ground floor and offer easy access and free parking.
We welcome you to our site and invite you to join our satisfied clients from counties across Northern and Coastal Oregon.
1. We caution against sending any confidential information via email because it is not secure.
2. There is no privileged attorney-client relationship until both of us sign a representation agreement about your particular case or matter. Even though you call us or send us an email, that does not make you our client (yet).
3. Information on this website is for your convenience and shall not be construed as acceptable or appropriate legal advice for your individual situation. Always seek the counsel of an attorney licensed to practice in the area where you want assistance.
With many years of experience in this area, estate lawyer Phil Hingson is adept at drafting revocable and irrevocable trusts addressing specific challenges, including:
- Tax planning to maximize assets passed on to loved ones
- Needs of “blended families” with children from multiple marriages
- Inclusion of specific language to help preserve assets for children having difficulties in life
We help many clients in a range of financial situations — from smaller to multi-million-dollar estates — identify appropriate solutions for protecting assets and carrying out their wishes. Attorney Phil Hingson has extensive experience in trust administration.
To arrange a personal, caring consultation with a lawyer who can clearly explain your options for your estate planning needs, please call or e-mail us today.
A revocable living trust (RLT) is an excellent solution for many people who want to avoid probate and minimize the potential for disputes while still keeping control of assets during their lifetime. Our firm is an excellent resource for creating an RLT or one of many other types of trusts that may be appropriate, such as:
• An income cap trust, often used as one planning tool to help people receiving needed Medicaid benefits and planning for long term care without exhausting critical assets
• Insurance trusts that may help preserve assets by setting aside money to pay estate taxes
• A special needs trust enabling you to leave money to heirs on needs-based government assistance without disqualifying them from receiving benefits
Perhaps the most common reason people choose to set up a trust, rather than only a will and durable power of attorney, is to save their survivors and heirs the time and costs of probate. We have drafted trusts to accomplish this goal, carefully tailored to clients’ individual needs. Please contact us to speak with Phil Hingson, a lawyer determined to create a trust that accomplishes your objectives.
Contrary to what many people believe, having a will alone is not sufficient to avoid the probate process in Oregon — and, while in place for many good reasons, probate can take months or even more than a year depending on circumstances. Legal costs well into the thousands of dollars may be incurred even on a fairly routine case.