Save lives by registering to be an organ donor today! Go to www.donatelifenw.org/
Pets are family too! Find out about "estate plans" for them at www.oregonhumane.org/donate/friends_forever.asp
NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
(FOR BOTH LOCATIONS)
PO Box 230326
Portland, OR 97281-0326
7157 SW Beveland St, Suite 100
Tigard, Oregon 97223
130 NE 4th Street, Suite A
Newport, Oregon 97365
The Hingson Law Firm's Portland office is based in a convenient office location right off I-5 and Highway 217 in the Tigard area of SW Portland.
The Newport office is located on 4th Street just seconds from US-101.
Both offices are on the ground floor and offer easy access and free parking.
We welcome you to our site and invite you to join our satisfied clients from counties across Northern and Coastal Oregon.
1. We caution against sending any confidential information via email because it is not secure.
2. There is no privileged attorney-client relationship until both of us sign a representation agreement about your particular case or matter. Even though you call us or send us an email, that does not make you our client (yet).
3. Information on this website is for your convenience and shall not be construed as acceptable or appropriate legal advice for your individual situation. Always seek the counsel of an attorney licensed to practice in the area where you want assistance.
Phil Hingson has the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the trust administration process, no matter how complex the issues. He works side by side with accountants and other experts as needed, so you can be sure your unique situation is thoroughly addressed.
Our Portland, Oregon, legal team handles probate and trust administration matters for people from the St. Helens-Hillsboro area to Gresham and Lake Oswego, and southward to Canby and Woodburn. We deal with both taxable and non-taxable estates by seeking the most sound and cost-effective solutions.
Your legal options may depend on how soon you seek qualified legal counsel. If you have questions about estate planning or what must be done after the tragic loss or incapacitation of a loved one, please contact us.
We will not over-complicate your situation — sometimes all we need to do is provide a detailed, specific letter explaining successor trustee duties and answer any questions you have. However, if you are the trustee or administrator for an estate that is or may be worth more than $1 million (including any life insurance payout), it is crucial to speak with an experienced lawyer about administration of a revocable living trust — or other type of trust — and affairs that can include:
• Preparing a comprehensive inventory of assets
• Properly filing specific types of tax returns
• Distributing assets properly under the law and heading off potential for future disputes
• Dealing effectively with necessary real estate transactions, insurance issues and business succession matters — whether addressed in a will or trust or not
Many people we assist with estate planning return to check in with us from time to time, because attorney Phil Hingson is an approachable, helpful resource who can help them answer their questions. In addition, we counsel many existing and new clients when someone becomes incapacitated or passes away — whether their needs involve getting the estate through probate or dealing with trust administration.
Even if you believe a person’s estate was carefully planned and all documents are in order, we urge you to contact an attorney as soon as your are able after these kinds of difficult events. We will explain your obligations and answer any questions, whether the estate involved is limited or substantial. Under some circumstances, if you see us promptly, we also find legal ways to preserve assets and avoid excessive taxation.