Save lives by registering to be an organ donor today! Go to www.donatelifenw.org/
Pets are family too! Find out about "estate plans" for them at www.oregonhumane.org/donate/friends_forever.asp
NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
(FOR BOTH LOCATIONS)
PO Box 230326
Portland, OR 97281-0326
7157 SW Beveland St, Suite 100
Tigard, Oregon 97223
130 NE 4th Street, Suite A
Newport, Oregon 97365
The Hingson Law Firm's Portland office is based in a convenient office location right off I-5 and Highway 217 in the Tigard area of SW Portland.
The Newport office is located on 4th Street just seconds from US-101.
Both offices are on the ground floor and offer easy access and free parking.
We welcome you to our site and invite you to join our satisfied clients from counties across Northern and Coastal Oregon.
1. We caution against sending any confidential information via email because it is not secure.
2. There is no privileged attorney-client relationship until both of us sign a representation agreement about your particular case or matter. Even though you call us or send us an email, that does not make you our client (yet).
3. Information on this website is for your convenience and shall not be construed as acceptable or appropriate legal advice for your individual situation. Always seek the counsel of an attorney licensed to practice in the area where you want assistance.
There are many scenarios that may lead you to want to provide whatever you are able for someone in your family without leaving them your inheritance outright. If someone in your family is receiving government benefits you do not want them to lose — due to an illness or disability that prevents that person from working, for example — we can help.
A special needs trust — sometimes called a supplemental needs trust — is most often set up to provide money over an extended period to a family member with a disability. It may provide income to the person in need on an established schedule, allowing the heir to have a higher quality of life while protecting his or her right and ability to receive government benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid or certain veteran’s benefits.
Applying personal attention and careful analysis to each situation, we provide comprehensive estate planning to match your unique goals. Depending on circumstances, your plan may include:
• Establishment of an irrevocable special needs trust that allows members of your extended family to contribute over time
• Specific language written into a will or other type of trust that helps maximize someone’s total income and assets if you become incapacitated or pass away
• Other forms of long term care planning for other family members as well as yourself
At The Hingson Law Firm PC, we work with many northern Oregon families that have a need to provide for the future of an adult or child with special needs. Attorney Phil Hingson has extensive knowledge of various types of trusts, and he is ready and willing to help you identify, develop, and execute a comprehensive estate plan that accounts for this need.
To explain your situation and its various nuances to an attorney who cares and will explain your various legal options in plain English, so that you can make a confident decision, please contact us at 503-213-3916 today.