Save lives by registering to be an organ donor today! Go to www.donatelifenw.org/
Pets are family too! Find out about "estate plans" for them at www.oregonhumane.org/donate/friends_forever.asp
NEW MAILING ADDRESS:
(FOR BOTH LOCATIONS)
PO Box 230326
Portland, OR 97281-0326
7157 SW Beveland St, Suite 100
Tigard, Oregon 97223
130 NE 4th Street, Suite A
Newport, Oregon 97365
The Hingson Law Firm's Portland office is based in a convenient office location right off I-5 and Highway 217 in the Tigard area of SW Portland.
The Newport office is located on 4th Street just seconds from US-101.
Both offices are on the ground floor and offer easy access and free parking.
We welcome you to our site and invite you to join our satisfied clients from counties across Northern and Coastal Oregon.
1. We caution against sending any confidential information via email because it is not secure.
2. There is no privileged attorney-client relationship until both of us sign a representation agreement about your particular case or matter. Even though you call us or send us an email, that does not make you our client (yet).
3. Information on this website is for your convenience and shall not be construed as acceptable or appropriate legal advice for your individual situation. Always seek the counsel of an attorney licensed to practice in the area where you want assistance.
As we talk with people throughout Oregon, one of the greatest concerns they mention is what to do to handle major health care costs if he or she is struck by Alzheimer’s disease, another debilitating ailment, or an illness that could exhaust all the assets in an estate.
There is a lot of information and misinformation people have acquired from their friends, family members, neighbors, and the Internet. To find out what is current and true about Medicaid eligibility and long-term care planning, please contact our office today and arrange a consultation. Phil Hingson has over 20 years of experience in this area, and he can explain all your options and provide sound advice and peace of mind.
Our strengths as a focused estate planning and elder law firm include dedication to finding solutions without “overselling” our clients or overcomplicating situations. You can contact us with confidence that we will work hard to address your real needs — and act as quickly as possible or necessary to make sure you achieve maximum asset protection.
Almost everyone in their fifties and many people earlier in their lives think about planning for nursing home care or treatment of a serious illness. Whether you have received a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or early dementia, believe you are genetically susceptible to any such condition, or simply want to be prudent and proactive, we are well prepared to help you with long-term care decisions and Medicaid planning.
Your options may include:
- Gaining assurance that your substantial assets are sufficient for any likely scenario, so that you know you will be able to pay “out of pocket” for long term care
- Purchase of long term care insurance that provides security and peace of mind
- Specialized estate planning — from specific language in your will and power of attorney to development of an income cap trust or other specific legal document — designed to accomplish Medicaid planning and protect the futures of your spouse and other heirs
Not only does attorney Phil Hingson have extensive knowledge of Oregon laws, estate planning, and Medicaid eligibility, our firm frequently calls upon other specialized resources you can trust — from capable financial planners to providers of legitimate, proven long-term care insurance. We can provide referrals or work alongside you to help ensure your goals are met.