Experienced, Versatile Estate Law Attorney in Portland
Many estate planning and probate laws have elements specific to Oregon. Portland attorney Phil Hingson has practiced estate law in Oregon his entire career, and he is deeply familiar with how to comply with all current laws while protecting your assets to the greatest possible extent.
Our law practice encompasses both taxable and non-taxable estates — across the spectrum from very limited assets to multimillion-dollar estates that require knowledge of real estate and business succession. Contact us, whether you know your precise needs or want a capable attorney to look at your situation and offer guidance.
We are well equipped to handle real property issues, business succession, Medicaid planning, and complex “blended family” situations. Our knowledge and work extends across most areas of concern to our older and our younger clients, including:
- Trusts to avoid probate or otherwise control and protect assets, or for specialized tax planning or long term care purposes
- Wills and probate, including drafting appropriate Wills and opening probates as needed
- Trust administration steps that need to be taken upon incapacity or death
- Powers of attorney and advance directives — documents critical for all adults to have, regardless of their property holdings or other assets
- Tax planning and business succession planning
- Special needs trusts, if you need to provide for someone eligible for government benefits and want to derive maximum benefit under the law
- Long term care and Medicaid planning — an important consideration regardless of your current financial situation
- Guardianships and conservatorships — assisting with those who are unable to care for themselves or handle their own finances
Whatever your situation or concerns, the most important thing to know is that Phil Hingson is a lawyer who will hear you out and know what to do for you. In or near Portland, the right call to make if you have estate planning or administration needs is to (503) 639-4800, where you will be treated with respect and your needs will be met.